California recently became the 28th state to enact autism insurance reform. This legislation will provide people with autism access to behavioral health treatment, which includes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Although this is a significant triumph for our state, much work still needs to be done on behalf of the individual insurance companies.
Due to the ever-changing conditions with insurance company coverage, navigating the procedures of obtaining coverage for your loved one with autism can be frustrating. LeafWing Center can help make the process easier and more streamlined for you.
LeafWing Center will take all of your insurance information and work directly with your insurance company. This will enable us to determine the details of your benefits and eligibility for Applied Behavior Analysis. As an added service, LeafWing will:
- Ask the right questions and get the most accurate information specific to ABA treatment
- Verify the correct copay/deductible information
- Determine the number of sessions and maximum benefits approved as well as what is required for authorizations
- Bill all claims for you using our billing service, if applicable
If you would like to utilize our complimentary insurance assistance, please contact us and have the following ready:
- Name of Health Insurance Provider
- Name of Primary Insured on Policy
- Policy Number
- Specific Member ID Number (may not be applicable for some insurance companies)
- Primary Insured Date of Birth
- Name and Date of Birth of Patient to Receive ABA
We will call your Insurance Company and get back to you with the necessary information in one to two business days.
LeafWing Center has been actively and diligently staying informed as this legislative course of action unfolds. We are earning positions on many insurance panels as in-network providers and are constantly striving to make this process easier for you. To learn more about insurance mandates for Applied Behavior Analysis in California, please visit www.autismvotes.org.